Shoutout to Bond Cleaning Brisbane – Cheapest Price – JKP Cleaning for this week’s post.
- Get rid of grease on hard surfaces (like walls) using chalk. Just cover the greasy stain with chalk, wait a few minutes, and wipe away with a damp cloth
- Clean dirt barbeque grates with half an onion. Put the onion on the end of a fork and rub over the grate when it is hot
- Coca-Cola can be used for more than just a nice drink. Use it for grease stains on hard surfaces like cement or metals
- Silica Gel Packs, the type that are used in vitamin packets and other consumables. These are great for any area of your house or belongings that attracts moisture, and hence mould or damaged woodwork. A few silica gel packs will get rid of the moisture without worry. I even put a few in the piano to prevent this problem
- Alternatively, you can use a sachet of dry ice to soak up moisture. This will rid you of any problems with moisture inside gumboots or rubber gloves
- Clean coffee stains with baking soda. Bicarbonate Soda, sometimes with vinegar, cleans a multitude of stains
- Need to dry some clothes in a hurry? Put the clothes in the dryer along with a dry towel. The towel soaks up a lot of the moisture, and the clothes dry much faster
- Clean conventional ovens by leaving a bowl of ammonia inside overnight. Clean microwaves with a bowl of water and a little vinegar. Use the microwave to heat the water solution for a few minutes, and then wipe the inside of the oven
- Glitter can be removed from many surfaces with clay, play-dough or something similar
- Nail polish can be soaked up with sugar. Pour sugar on while the polish is still wet
- Mirrors can be cleaned with a combination of 2 cups water, 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of corn-starch. Wipe with a newspaper
These are 11 neat tricks which you can use around your household. Just because we’ve told you some neat tricks doesn’t mean you can solve all your cleaning problems. Make sure you head over the JPK Cleaning’s website. For those harder cleaning jobs, hire JPK Cleaning to solve those problems.
What other neat tricks do you know that wasn’t listed here? Make sure you leave a comment below!