There are advantages to an engineered wooden Floor.
- The seperation from the surface underneath provides great insulation. This means that under moderate conditions the floor is quite warm. Heating inside is not lost directly to the ground, nor does the cold does not rise from the floor.
- Wooden floors are flexible with the Season. Add a thick, warm rug in winter.
- Engineered floors have the natural appeal of wood. Even though they are a hybrid of several layers of material the top wood really is the real thing. Older engineered floors and laminate look poor be comparison.
- Stability of these floors is unsurpassed. Nothing is perfectly stable, but engineered wood has several layers of material that provide strength in all directions, making more stable than any other flooring material.
- Like any good wood the surface can be re-sanded and refinished, should you want to redecorate.
- Individual floor boards can be replaced if damaged, with minimal fuss.
- The entire floor can be removed if needed, and even recycled as the flooring in another room.
- Engineered wooden floors work well with underfloor heating.
- They are possibly the easiest floor to install. Fine for DIY.
A floating engineered timber floor can be installed in a new home, or over an existing floor. Consider the advantages.